Essential Tips for Selecting the Perfect Paint ColorSeptember 28, 2021
How Do You Paint Over a Dark Wall with a Lighter Color?October 26, 2021
The season is changing, and with cooler weather comes the need for a warmer home. Here are a few tips on how to achieve a warm, comfortable environment in your own home this autumn season!
Investing in a New Fireplace
Autumn is the perfect time for investing in a new fireplace. Whether you have an older family home or a more contemporary dwelling, you can use the upcoming winter months to find a fireplace that suits your style and budget. There are various fireplaces on the market, from electric to gas to stoves, all depending on the type you want in your home.
Including Warm Lighting
Adding lighting to your home can truly make it feel more comfortable! Experts suggest that as much as 75% of our mood comes from the lighting around us, which is why it is so important to have soft, warm lighting in your home. You can do this by adding lamps or chandeliers.
Investing in New Furniture and Rugs
When it’s time to update your furniture and rugs, you should consider investing in items that are soft and warm, like velvet or faux fur fabric. Velvet can be used for sofas, chairs, ottomans, and pillows, whereas faux fur is perfect for adding warmth to your rugs.
Painting the Walls with a Fall Tone
This fall, consider painting the walls of your home a new shade of color! Not only does it make for an updated look, but it also adds warmth to your home. Here are a few of the top colors that will bring warmth to your home.
- Rose Quartz
- Rosy Beige
- Stone Gray
Consider painting the walls a soft, subtle shade of orange or brown so that it’s not too in-your-face with its autumn color scheme. You can work with an expert in home design and paint to find the perfect shade.
How to Choose Your New Autumn Paint Colors
If you are considering a new paint color to welcome in the season, here are some tips to help you make the best choice:
- When choosing a color, it’s essential to ask yourself what feeling you want your room to exude. Do you want it to be bright and warm or calm and neutral?
- You should choose a paint color that will blend in nicely with your existing furniture. If you have brown, neutral furnishings, it’s best to select a color that will match well.
- Try to skip picking bold colors such as red or orange because they might make the room feel smaller and more enclosed.
- Before you choose your color, find out which hues are trending right now so that you can look for inspiration before you start painting.
- Try to avoid two colors directly next to each other on the color wheel because they will clash. For example, you should try not to use green and blue in the same room.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your fireplace or add a new paint color, use these tips and tricks to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere within your home this autumn season! Work with a trained, experienced home paint expert to help you find the perfect color.