Should I Use a Paint Roller or Paint Sprayer for the Exterior of the Home?July 26, 2017
How to Prep an Exterior Door for PaintingAugust 30, 2017
Painting the exterior of your property is quite different than painting the interior. You will need to prep the walls first and make sure that the older paint coats are removed before you start applying a fresh coat. On top of that, you also have to take the weather into account. If there’s excessive dust blowing in the air, it’s going to ruin the wet paint very quickly, which means that taking protective measures is also necessary.
Due to the complications involved in painting the exterior of your property by themselves, many people instead prefer to hire a professional exterior painter. But, before making any such decision, you have to evaluate the pros and cons first. Here are the pros and cons of hiring a professional exterior painter for the job.
- A professional exterior painter will give you a timeframe for the work and make sure that they stick to it. If you are planning on renovating your place, this will make it easier for you to plan and schedule accordingly. Hiring a professional exterior painter will bring some amount of predictability into the decision-making process, as you will have an idea of when the work will be completed so that you can move on to other stages of the renovation process.
- A professional exterior painter will bring all of their own tools and know how to paint the exterior walls properly. They will also recommend to you the different types of paints that are regarded as the best for outdoors use.
- A professional exterior painter won’t make mistakes when painting the walls outside. If the weather is bad, they will put up a protective layer around the walls to ensure that dust doesn’t cause issues with the wet paint.
- There’s no physical effort required on your part if you decide to hire a professional exterior painter. You don’t have to worry about climbing up tall ladders in order to paint the walls properly. The professional painter will do everything on their own and you just have to pay them the fixed fee.
- The fee charged by the professional exterior painter is generally proportional to the size of the building. Therefore, if you live in a bigger house, you will need to pay a sizeable amount for getting your place painted. On top of that, you will also need to purchase the paints separately. If you were to paint the walls by yourself, you could save a significant sum of money in the process that could be used for other things.
- There’s no guarantee that the painter will actually do a good job or not. Many painters often take on such projects to make some quick money, even though they don’t have any practical experience in painting the walls. You have to be very careful when hiring any painter and make sure that you check their work history before hiring any painter for the job.